Black Bean Bacon Dunkers
All the flavors of a loaded nacho plate packed into a bite size dunker.
- In a small sauté pan, brown the bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, beans, peppers, cheese, corn masa, baking powder and spices. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the egg and water to the bean mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto a clean, flat surface. Flatten to create a 1½" disk.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil until very hot, but not smoking. Working in batches of 5, deep fry the dunkers until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
8 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon, diced
15.5 ounces Dakota's Pride Black Beans, drained
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, minced
4 ounces Happy Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese Block, diced
4 ounces Happy Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2/3 cup instant corn masa mix
1/2 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
1/2 teaspon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
1 Goldhen Large Egg
1/4 cup water
4 cups Carlini Corn Oil
2 cups Friendly Farms Sour Cream
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.