A cheesy and smoky version of everyone's favorite appetizer.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese, until smooth.
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise almost all the way through, creating a pocket. Grill hot dogs 30 seconds per side, allow to cool and cut in half.
- Place bacon on a medium baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Allow to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°.
- To assemble francheezies: Place 2 teaspoons of cheese spread inside each hot dog half, top with 1 slice of bacon and place bacon side down on crescent roll. Wrap crescent roll around hot dog. Place crescent rolls, bacon side facing up, on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite condiments.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen