1 hour, 20 minutes
6 small side salads
Brussels Sprout Kale Salad
Brussels sprout salad full of fresh butternut squash, kale and Brussels sprouts, packed with flavor and little, to no, guilt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash into small cubes. Steam both bags of Brussels sprouts in the microwave. Allow to cool and then slice in half and chop off bottom stem.
- Place Brussels sprouts and squash on a baking sheet in one even layer (may need to use two sheets depending on your pan size). Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to evenly coat all sides. Top with fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Put Brussels sprouts and squash into oven for 18 minutes. Remove from oven, toss and put back in oven to bake for 18 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While those are roasting, cook your quinoa according to package instructions, but replace water with broth.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan on low-med heat. Place pecan halves in pan and toast slightly (about 5 minutes), and then set aside to cool. Once cooled, lightly chop halves into pieces.
- Using a cutting board and large chopping knife, chop kale into thin slices and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over kale and massage lightly with your hands to soften the kale.
- Add quinoa, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, pecans and dried cranberries to your kale. Toss lightly and set aside.
- To make your vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a large jar with lid. Seal jar with lid and shake until combined.
- Add your dressing to the salad and toss until incorporated. Top with goat cheese crumbles and enjoy!
Recipe and image courtesy of @meganpatty.