Apple, Goat Cheese & Pecan-Stuffed Pork Chops
- Slice the pork loin into 1-inch thick chops.
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups water, lemon juice, honey and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups cold water. Pour the brine into a plastic container large enough for the chops. Add the chops, brine overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the stuffing: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple slices, brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add the chopped pecans and goat cheese.
- Remove the chops from the brine.
- Slit each chop horizontally to create a large hole for the stuffing.
- Spoon the stuffing into the chops. Season each chop with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sear each chop in extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chops on a baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until internal temperature is 155-160°.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
2-3 pound Roseland Half Pork Loin
6 cups water, divided
½ lemon, juiced
¼ cup Berryhill Honey
¾ teaspoon Stonemill Essential Iodized Salt, divided, plus additional to taste
1 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
4 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
6 ounces Specially Selected Plain Goat Cheese Log, crumbled
3 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
20 minutes (plus overnight to brine)
1 hour, 5 minutes (plus overnight to brine)