A classic Vietnamese sandwich.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Add carrots, toss and marinate for 1 hour. Drain.
- Cook baguette according to package instructions, slice in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and hot sauce. Spread on both sides of the baguette.
- On the bottom half of the baguette, layer cilantro, cucumber slices, pickled carrots, pulled pork, honey, luncheon meat, soy sauce, ham and jalapeños. Top with remaining half of baguette.
- Place four long toothpicks into sandwich in even increments. Slice into eight small sandwiches.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen