Chili Lime BBQ Ribs with Corn Relish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and the zest of 2 limes. Sprinkle ribs evenly with rub. Wrap each slab in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, the zest of 1 lime and the juice of 1 lime. Refrigerate.
- Bake ribs until very tender, 2 hours for baby back ribs or 3 hours for spareribs. Let ribs cool completely, then cut into 4 portions. Once cooled, ribs can be grilled immediately or rewrapped in foil and chilled.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill ribs, basting with half of the barbecue sauce and turning frequently, until sauce has become caramelized and ribs are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and bell pepper and sauté until crisp-tender. Add green onion and cook until slightly softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove from heat.
- Serve ribs with corn relish and remaining barbecue sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
3 limes, zested, divided
4 pounds Roseland Baby Back Pork Ribs or Pork Spareribs*
1 ½ cups Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce
¼ cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
3 hours, 35 minutes