Chili Lime BBQ Ribs with Corn Relish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and the zest of 2 limes. Sprinkle ribs evenly with rub. Wrap each slab in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, the zest of 1 lime and the juice of 1 lime. Refrigerate.
- Bake ribs until very tender, 2 hours for baby back ribs or 3 hours for spareribs. Let ribs cool completely, then cut into 4 portions. Once cooled, ribs can be grilled immediately or rewrapped in foil and chilled.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill ribs, basting with half of the barbecue sauce and turning frequently, until sauce has become caramelized and ribs are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and bell pepper and sauté until crisp-tender. Add green onion and cook until slightly softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove from heat.
- Serve ribs with corn relish and remaining barbecue sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen