Roast Pork Sandwich
Delectable roasted pork sandwich with Swiss cheese, pickles and thinly sliced ham.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the pork loin in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through. Open like a book. Repeat this process on each of the opened flaps, creating a large ¼" thick piece of meat.
- Spread the mustard over the pork loin, sprinkle pickles evenly. Layer the ham over the pickles. Roll the pork into a roulade, tie with cooking twine.
- Bake the roulade on a baking sheet until the internal temperature reaches 165°, approximately 1 hour.
- Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into ½-inch slices.
- To assemble sandwiches: Place two slices of pork on each roll, top with cheese, add another slice of bread. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen