Slow Cooked Maple Ham
Free up oven space with this amazing sweet and savory, always tender ham.
- Pour entire can of pineapple in bottom of large slow cooker. Place ham on top, flat side down.
- In a small bowl, combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, mustard and pepper. Pour over ham.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Remove ham and keep warm. Skim fat off the top of remaining liquid in slow cooker.
- Pour liquid into small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cook until reduced to desired consistency.
- Serve sauce on the side or heat oven to broil and glaze ham. Broil 3-4 minutes for a caramelized crust.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen