Spicy Fiesta Ribs
Spicy pork ribs with a touch of sweetness.
- Combine 3 cups orange juice, salt and pepper in a large container. Add ribs, stir to coat and marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, jalapeños, corn and remaining 2 cups orange juice. Blend until smooth, reserve.
- Preheat oven to 250˚.
- In a medium pan, heat oil. Add onion, cook until tender and browned. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant.
- Add beer, simmer until reduced by half. Stir in the tomato mixture, continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in onion powder and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs in a baking dish, discarding marinade, coat with sauce, cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for two and a half hours or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and carefully pour the sauce and drippings into a small saucepan. Stir in sour cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over ribs and serve with cilantro.
TIP: Spanish flavored rice and vermicelli mix is a perfect side.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen