Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Try this simple, but elegant, main dish alongside your favorite pasta and a green salad.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Use a sharp paring knife to gently cut each breast in half lengthwise, without cutting all the way through, to make a pocket.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, then add mushrooms. Sauté about 5 minutes or until mushrooms have softened and are beginning to brown. Add garlic and spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until garlic is fragrant. Add white wine, and cook about 7 more minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated, turning the spinach with tongs to wilt. Remove from heat and stir in the roasted peppers and mozzarella cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken breast flat so that the "pocket" is open, and then fill each piece with ¼ of the stuffing mixture. Fold over the pocket and use 2-3 toothpicks per breast to secure the sides.
- Place chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Pour the roasted garlic alfredo sauce over the chicken and bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165° when checked inside the thickest portion. Let stand for 5 minutes, gently remove the toothpicks and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
4 fresh or frozen Kirkwood Chicken Breasts, thawed
3 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
9 ounces Little Salad Bar Flat Leaf Spinach
1 cup Winking Owl Chardonnay
12 ounces Priano® Sweet Roasted Peppers, drained and chopped*
1 cup Happy Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
15 ounces Priano® Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce*
*These are Special Buy items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
1 hour, 5 minutes