Braised Chicken Thighs with Fall Fruits and Sauvignon Blanc
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper; place meat side down and allow to cook until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and celery, cook 3-4 minutes. Add wine, reduce heat to medium, simmer until wine is reduced slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, raisins, apricots and cranberries, return to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes in a medium pot; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Continue cooking over medium heat until tender. Drain water and return potatoes to pot. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Mash to a smooth consistency.
- To serve: place a dollop of mashed sweet potatoes on a plate, top with one chicken thigh and fruit mixture. Garnish with 2 slices of goat cheese and celery leaves.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Chef Brigitte Nguyen and Serious Eats