Chicken, Sausage and Potato Antipasto Bake
An appetizer feel in an entrée form.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Preheat a foil-lined baking sheet in oven for potatoes.
- In a food processor, add jalapeño slices and California Medley and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a medium saucepan, combine jalapeños, California Medley, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, onion, celery and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Drain giardiniera and discard liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Season chicken with cheese-spice mixture.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and bring oil to medium heat. Sauté the chicken 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil to sauté pan if needed.
- In a medium bowl, toss potatoes in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Place potatoes on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, roast the Italian sausage until the internal temperature is 165°, about 14 minutes.
- In a roasting pan, combine the giardiniera, chicken, potatoes, Italian sausage, artichoke hearts, olives, pasta sauce and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil on the stovetop. Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
½ cup Tuscan Garden Jalapeño Slices, drained
16 ounces Season's Choice California Medley
¼ cup Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ onion, diced
1 rib celery, diced
1 ½ tablespoons Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1 cup Reggano Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Onion Powder
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
2 pounds Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Tenderloins
6 tablespoons Carlini Pure Olive Oil, divided
1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, quartered
19 ounces Parkview Mild Italian Sausage, thawed and halved
14 ounces Tuscan Garden Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained
5.75 ounces Tuscan Garden Spanish Manzanilla Olives, drained (optional)
24 ounces Reggano Traditional Pasta Sauce
2 cups Chef's Cupboard Chicken Broth
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 25 minutes