Chicken, Sausage and Potato Antipasto Bake
An appetizer feel in an entrée form.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Preheat a foil-lined baking sheet in oven for potatoes.
- In a food processor, add jalapeño slices and California Medley and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a medium saucepan, combine jalapeños, California Medley, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, onion, celery and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Drain giardiniera and discard liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Season chicken with cheese-spice mixture.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and bring oil to medium heat. Sauté the chicken 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil to sauté pan if needed.
- In a medium bowl, toss potatoes in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Place potatoes on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, roast the Italian sausage until the internal temperature is 165°, about 14 minutes.
- In a roasting pan, combine the giardiniera, chicken, potatoes, Italian sausage, artichoke hearts, olives, pasta sauce and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil on the stovetop. Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen