Chimichurri Spatchcock Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In a food processor, combine garlic, cilantro, parsley, jalapenos and onion. Process and gradually add olive oil. Reserve 1/3 cup.
3. Place chicken on a cutting board breast side down. Using a pair of kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut chicken along one side of the back bone and then along the other side of the back bone. Remove the back bone. Remove the skin from the entire chicken and discard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer chicken to a large bowl and massage remaining marinade all over the chicken. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
5. Over high heat, melt butter and add chicken to Crofton Cast Iron 6 Qt. Dutch Oven. Discard marinade. Sear the entire chicken until golden brown.
6. Place chicken breast side down, add wine and potatoes and cover with lid. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid and roast for an additional 15 minutes. Pour reserved 1/3 cup marinade over cooked chicken and enjoy.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen