Gluten Free Carbonara-Style Pasta Florentine
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place sausage links on a baking sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°. Slice into rounds, reserve.
- Coat a medium sauté pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Deglaze the pan with wine. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water before draining. Return pasta to pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 egg yolks and ½ cup parmesan.
- Mix the cheese-yolk mixture into the hot pasta. Add the heavy cream and reserved pasta water. Add the onion and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the sausage, mix well before serving, garnish with extra cheese if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen