Greek Chicken Burger
Herbed chicken burger with loads of veggies.
- Heat grill to a medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg.
- Add ground chicken or turkey, artichokes, onion, minced garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, rice, lemon juice and red pepper. Mix together until well combined.
- Divide mixture and flatten into 4 equal patty shapes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Meanwhile, lightly grill the buns and set aside.
- Place ¼ cup of feta cheese on top of each burger and continue grilling until cheese is melted and soft; remove from heat.
- Spread hummus on both sides of the buns.
- To assemble: Layer the bottom of each bun with the burger, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and top half of bun.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen