A friendly twist on an old favorite.
- Defrost turkey according to package instructions.
- Remove all innards from the turkey cavity and rinse with cold water inside and out. Pat dry both inside and out.
- In a large pot, boil apple cider, salt, orange rinds and juice. Set aside to cool. Pour into a clean 5-gallon bucket.
- When cool, add ice, one gallon of cold water and then turkey, making sure to fill cavity with liquid. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Drain turkey and pat dry inside and out. Discard remaining brine.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Loosely stuff turkey cavity with Island Stuffing. Pour 2 cups of water in bottom of pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan with pineapple juice and cook 2 minutes. Set aside. Add salt and pepper.
- Truss legs together with butcher's twine, then brush the turkey with the melted butter mixture.
- Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, occasionally basting the turkey with pan drippings. Cover with foil when the bird starts to brown.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
10-14 pound Butterball Frozen Turkey*
1 gallon Nature’s Nectar Apple Cider*
1 1/2 cups Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
2 oranges, halved and juiced
5-pound bag ice
1 gallon cold water
1 stick (1/2 cup) Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
Pineapple juice (reserved from Island Stuffing)
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
Island Stuffing - see recipe
2 cups water
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
3 hours - 3 hours, 30 minutes or more
3 hours, 30 minutes - 4 hours or more