Lighter Baked Gnocchi Bolognese
Whole wheat gnocchi topped with savory turkey Bolognese sauce and melted cheese.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no pink remains, breaking apart the meat thoroughly.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain.
- Heat broiler on high.
- Add fresh parsley to sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Toss gnocchi with half of the Bolognese. Place in an oven-safe casserole dish. Top with remaining Bolognese, and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown, 3-4 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
3 ribs celery, diced
1 pound Fit & Active Fresh Ground Turkey
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Minced Garlic
¼ cup Happy Harvest Tomato Paste
1 cup Winking Owl Pinot Grigio
28 ounces Happy Harvest Crushed Tomatoes
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Oregano
Pinch Stonemill Essentials Crushed Red Pepper
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
2 17.6-ounce packages Priano Whole Wheat Gnocchi
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup Priano Shredded Romano Cheese
¾ cup Happy Farms Mozzarella Cheese
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 40 minutes