A combination of shrimp, chicken and paprika seasoned rice.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Evenly season the chicken pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Sauté until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot over high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- In a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté the onion, garlic and red bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the paprika, chili powder and rice to the onion mixture. Stir until well combined. Add the chicken pieces and shrimp.
- Stir in boiling chicken broth, tomato paste and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and place in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir well. Let stand 10 minutes, covered, or until remaining liquid is absorbed. Stir until well combined. Sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen