Roasted Chicken with Dried Fruit
A hearty dish with a sweet finish!
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl, combine black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic and olive oil. Apply spice mixture to chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan with chicken broth, apricots, prunes and cherries. Roast in oven for 45 minutes until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°. Strain chicken broth, reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté butter for 30 seconds, whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Pour wine into pan and scrape bottom of pan. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid by half. Add reserved broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Arrange chicken on a platter with dried fruit, serve sauce on side.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 pounds Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Thighs
2 cups Chef's Cupboard Chicken Broth
1 cup Southern Grove Dried Apricots
1 cup Southern Grove Pitted Prunes
1 cup Southern Grove Dried Cherries
1 tablespoon Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
3 tablespoons Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
2 cups Lil' Koala Chardonnay
1 hour, 15 minutes