Roasted Chicken with Red Wine Sauce
Warm up with that special someone with this delicious dish.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Rub seasoning mixture onto chicken.
- Place the chicken pieces with skin side up in a roasting pan. Pour chicken broth around bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss potatoes in 1 tablespoon pure olive oil, 1 ½ teaspoons pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Place potatoes in roasting pan around chicken and roast for 45 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165° and potatoes are fork tender.
- In a medium sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Sauté onion in the bacon fat until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and cook until the skin pops.
- Add spinach in batches until wilted. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon black pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Return bacon to pan.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté butter and tomato paste for 30 seconds, whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisk occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan and rest on a cutting board, lightly tented with aluminum foil. Place potatoes on serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour wine into butter and tomato paste mixture and scrape bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken broth from roasting pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with potatoes and vegetables arranged on plate with sauce drizzled over chicken and potatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
4 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 pounds Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Leg Quarters, cut into thighs and legs
2 cups Chef's Cupboard Chicken Broth
1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon Carlini Pure Olive Oil
4 slices Specially Selected Thick Sliced Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into ¼-inch strips
8 ounces sweet onions, diced
16 ounces grape tomatoes
9 ounces Little Salad Bar Flat Leaf Spinach
1 tablespoon Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1 tablespoon Happy Harvest Tomato Paste
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
1 cup Viña Decana Tempranillo
1 hour, 20 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes