Roasted Turkey Breast With Pumpkin Sage Gravy
Moist, delicious turkey with holiday inspired gravy!
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine black pepper, salt, sage, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and brown sugar.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the spice mix with 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil. Stir in onions, carrots and celery. Stir to coat and place in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Rub the turkey breasts with the remaining vegetable oil and spice mixture.
- Place the turkey breasts skin side up on top of vegetables. Pour chicken broth on bottom of pan.
- Place roasting pan in oven and cook turkey breasts for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165° in thickest part of the turkey breast.
- Baste turkey breast every 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey breast from oven and let rest for 20 minutes on a cutting board. Lightly vent turkey breasts with aluminum foil.
- Strain vegetables from pan juices, reserve both.
- For gravy: In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until combined and golden brown. Whisk in canned broth and pan juices. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add in pumpkin and sage, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove netting around turkey breasts and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange turkey breast on a platter, serve pumpkin gravy on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
1/2 tablespoon Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
4 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil, divided
3 medium onions, diced
4 carrots, peeled, halved and sliced
2 ribs celery, sliced
2 48-ounce Kirkwood Boneless Turkey Breasts, do not remove netting*
28 ounces Chef's Cupboard Canned Chicken Broth*
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
14 ounces Chef's Cupboard Canned Chicken Broth
3/4 cup Baker's Corner 100% Canned Pumpkin*
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
1 hour, 50 minutes
2 hours, 10 minutes