Spicy Braised Chicken Thighs
Warm up with this nutritious and flavorful one-pot meal.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs to taste with salt and pepper. Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side or until brown and caramelized. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, ginger and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Whisk to dissolve flour mixture and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add potatoes, carrots, squash and beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return chicken thighs to pot. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Top with chopped parsley or cilantro. Dollop each serving with yogurt, if desired.
- Tip: This dish is even more delicious if chilled overnight and reheated. Cook it on the weekend and enjoy during the week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen