Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Stir.
- Pour half the marinade into a zip bag. Add the chicken wings. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the apricot preserves and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir the corn starch and water until smooth. Whisk into the sauce. Simmer for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Strain the sauce to remove the crushed pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove chicken wings from marinade and place on a baking tray. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Brush sauce on wings midway through baking.
- Plate wings and drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with green onion.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
¼ cup SimplyNature Organic Agave Nectar
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Crushed Red Pepper
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup chopped green onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
6 Kirkwood Chicken Wings
2 tablespoons Berryhill Apricot Preserves
1 tablespoon Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
½ teaspoon Baker's Corner Corn Starch*
½ teaspoon water
1 green onion, sliced on a bias
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
10 minutes (plus 2 hours to marinate)
55 minutes (plus 2 hours to marinate)