Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Stir.
- Pour half the marinade into a zip bag. Add the chicken wings. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the apricot preserves and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir the corn starch and water until smooth. Whisk into the sauce. Simmer for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
- Strain the sauce to remove the crushed pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove chicken wings from marinade and place on a baking tray. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Brush sauce on wings midway through baking.
- Plate wings and drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with green onion.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen