Fall Harvest Salad
Cranberry apple vinaigrette and walnut brittle add a fall twist to your salad.
- In a saucepan, toast 1 cup walnuts on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sugar, brown sugar and water and heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has caramelized.
- Remove from heat, add toasted walnuts and mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow brittle to set.
- In a blender, combine juice, vinegar, oil, honey, thyme, ¼ cup dried cranberries, remaining ¼ cup walnuts, salt and pepper. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove walnut brittle from refrigerator and crumble into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine arugula and vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Transfer to a large salad bowl. Top with remaining ¼ cup dried cranberries, apples, walnut brittle and crumbled goat cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen