Salmon Fillet with Orange Butter and Arugula Couscous Salad
A meal for friends to celebrate.
- In a gallon zip bag, combine the salmon and beet juice, marinate for 4-8 hours.
- Cut the beet slices into halves, reserve.
- For the vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the vinegar, orange juice, garlic, red onion, salt, pepper and honey. Puree. Slowly add the ½ cup oil while the blender is running.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place walnuts on a baking sheet, toast for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and salt to a boil, stir in the couscous. Remove from heat, cover for 5 minutes. Stir in one tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl, combine with walnuts, red onion and reserved beets.
- Combine the vinaigrette and couscous. Toss in the arugula or spinach. Reserve.
- For the orange butter: In a small saucepan, bring the red onion, orange zest and sauvignon blanc to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter one tablespoon at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove salmon from beet juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Pan sear salmon skin side down for 2-3 minutes, turn and sear 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the salmon with the orange butter sauce and couscous salad.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen