A classic salad of salmon, green beans, olives, eggs and potatoes served with a Dijon vinaigrette.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a blender, combine 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reserved olive juice, white vinegar, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and chopped red onion. Blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the olive oil, blend until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain, allow to cool and cut in half.
- In a medium saucepan, cover eggs with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Return the sauce pan of water to a boil, add the green beans and 2 teaspoons salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Shock under cold running water.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1/3 cup Dijon mustard, honey, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reserve.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear salmon skin side up until golden brown, turn and sear skin for 1 minute. Transfer to a baking pan and brush with honey mustard mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and flake with a fork, discard skin.
- In a large bowl, combine spring mix and 1/2 the vinaigrette. Toss until well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large platter.
- In the same bowl, combine the remaining vinaigrette and potatoes. Toss until well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Using tongs, plate the potatoes onto the spring mix.
- To create a deconstructed look, individually toss, season and plate olives, green beans and salmon. Drizzle with any remaining vinaigrette and top with sliced onions and eggs. Toss salad just before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen