Seared Top Sirloin Salad with Blue Cheese and Fried Onions
- In a small sauce pan, bring the steak sauce, sugar, blueberries and water to a boil. Stir and simmer 10 minutes until most of the blueberries have popped. Remove from heat, reserve ¼ cup.
- Pour the remainder of the blueberry sauce into a baking dish. Add the steak, turn until thoroughly coated. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Dredge the onions in corn starch and fry until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of the steak, heat to an internal temperature of 135° for medium rare. Discard the marinade. Allow to rest 2-3 minutes, slice against the grain.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions and blue cheese with the balsamic vinaigrette.
- To assemble: Evenly distribute the greens among four dinner plates. Top with fried onions, lay sirloin strips along the side and drizzle with the reserved blueberry steak sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen