Warm Bacon and Egg Salad
Arugula salad topped with a warm bacon dressing, caramelized onions, crispy bacon, potatoes and a poached egg.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and 1 teaspoon water.
- Add bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Add onion and potatoes and cook until onion is tender, and bacon and potatoes are crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon, onions and potatoes from pan, reserve bacon fat. To prepare the dressing, add brown sugar, mustard, honey and garlic; whisk until combined, slowly drizzle in ¼ cup vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon vinegar, a pinch of salt, and swirl the water in a circle to create a vortex. One at a time, break the eggs into the center of the swirling vortex and cook for about 3 minutes or until the egg white is firm. Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs and place on paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, assemble salad with arugula, bacon, onion and potato.
- Top each salad with a poached egg. Drizzle with warm bacon dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen