Spicy Sausage Potato Salad
A great accompaniment to any picnic, compliments of spicy sausage and cool potatoes.
- Place whole potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and 2 tablespoons salt; bring to a boil. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and refrigerate approximately 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to low heat, grill the sausages for 4 minutes on each side or preheat oven to 350° and bake sausages 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and bell peppers; combine in a bowl.
- Prepare dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Cut each potato into 8 to 12 bite sized pieces. Slice the sausages into ¼-inch medallions.
- Add the diced potato, sausage, onion and peppers to the dressing mixture, stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
10 red potatoes
2 tablespoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
6 Parkview Hot & Spicy Griller Sausages*
1 large red onion
2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
1 tablespoon Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
¾ cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
¼ cup Burman’s Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
¾ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
20 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)
1 hour, 10 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)