Warm Superfood Salad
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place kale on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crisp. Reserve.
- Place flax seed on baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve.
- In a food processor using a slicing blade, slice Brussels sprouts.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, garlic and jalapeños. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in apples, grapes, kale and flax seeds. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, melt almond butter in microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, water and ginger. Slowly drizzle in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Toss salad and dressing together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with optional crumbled goat cheese.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen