10 minutes (plus 40 minutes to proof)
35 minutes (plus 40 minutes to proof)
Cheesy Pumpkin Shaped Dinner Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a large bowl combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast, salt and garlic powder. Whisk.
3.In a small bowl, combine milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave in 15 second intervals until temperature reaches 120-130°.
4, Stir wet ingredients into dry until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
5. Add ¼ cup flour and gruyere cheese to wet mix. Stir to incorporate.
6. Add remaining 3/4 cup flour until soft dough ball forms. Transfer to a flour dusted surface.
7. Knead dough ball for 6-8 minutes, or until springy to the touch.
8. Transfer to bowl, and cover with a towel to proof the dough. Allow bowl to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. During this time, begin to cut twine into 8-10 inch strands, 48 will be needed.
9. Transfer proofed dough back to dusted surface and cut into 12 even pieces. Place 4 pieces of twine overlapping in shape of a star, and place 1 ball on the center. Bring twine up snugly around the dough ball and tie at the top. Do this for all 4 pieces of twine, trim excess. Place a tear of a sage leaf under the knots. Repeat process for remaining 11 rolls.
10. Cover with towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
11. Transfer to baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Lightly brush with melted butter and bake for additional 5-10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
12. Allow to cool, remove strings and serve,
Recipe courtesy of Chef Trevor,
ALDI Test Kitchen