Artichoke, Potato, Smoked Sausage and Egg Skillet
- In a medium saucepan, bring 8 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 cups vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry the potatoes in two batches for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly crisp. Drain the potatoes in a paper towel-lined bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil. Brown the sausage on each side for 1 minute.
- Add the artichokes, grape tomatoes and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved potatoes, garlic powder and parsley. Sauté for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over low-medium or medium-high heat. Pan fry each egg to preferred doneness. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate the potato mixture, top with pan-fried egg.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen