Banana Bread French Toast with Chocolate Butter and Pecan Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare banana bread according to package instructions using ¾ cup water, oil and 2 eggs. Bake and cool completely. Slice loaf into 12 pieces.
- To make chocolate butter: Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until fully melted and combined. Let cool.
- To make syrup: In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar and 1/2 cup water on medium heat until bubbly and clear. Toast pecans on a baking sheet in 375° oven for 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and pecans to syrup mixture.
- To make French toast: Whisk together 2 eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Dip cooled slices of bread into egg mixture. Coat a medium sauté pan with cooking spray; cook each piece of bread over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Assemble by placing three slices of French toast on a plate. Top the French toast with a scoop (or two) of chocolate butter and a drizzle of pecan syrup.
Tip: Fun for kids! Include little helpers when topping with chocolate butter and warm (not hot!) syrup and of course, to help serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen