Carrot Cookie Mousse Pots
Carrot-shaped sugar cookies paired with chocolate mousse "mud," a tasty treat for kids.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips (about 7-10 minutes or until smooth). Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream for 3-4 minutes on medium-high or until stiff peaks form. Temper ½ cup of whipped cream into the chocolate. Fold in remaining whipped cream in small increments.
- Scoop chocolate mousse into a piping bag, fill each container.
- Combine cookie dough with 3 drops of red and 6 drops of yellow food coloring. Mix until color is evenly distributed.
- Form cookie dough into the size of a baby carrot or funnel shape about 2 inches long and ½-inch wide. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Take 2 cookies, place a dab of mousse in the middle of each to make a cookie sandwich. Place the cookie in the mousse. Insert celery leaves into the "carrot." Sprinkle chocolate crumbles on top.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen