Blueberry-Olive Oil Muffins
These wholesome muffins are incredibly moist and tender.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat muffin pans with cooking spray or fill with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, olive oil and lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir until just combined. Gently fold frozen blueberries into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle muffins evenly with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and baked through when tested with a toothpick.
Tip: Adding blueberries directly from the freezer to the batter will prevent the color from bleeding into your muffins.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
2 cups Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
1/2 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Soda
1/3 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
2 Goldhen Large Eggs
1 1/4 cups Fit & Active Plain Nonfat Yogurt
1/2 cup Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lemon, zested
1 1/2 cups Season's Choice Frozen Blueberries
3-4 tablespoons Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.