Green Eggs and Ham in a Basket
A children's book favorite in edible form.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Place a strainer in a large bowl with water. Peel the potatoes and place in a bowl of water until ready to use. Using a food processor, shred the potatoes and onion. Place the mixture in the prepared strainer. Rinse the potato/onion mixture until the water runs clear. Place the mixture on a towel-lined baking sheet to dry.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, lemon juice, 1 egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- In one muffin tin, divide the potato mixture among the 12 cups. Press mixture up the sides of tin to create a basket. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the second muffin tin, place 1 ham round in each cup. Separate the eggs, place 1 egg yolk on top of each ham slice. Discard 4 egg whites, reserving the rest.
- In a blender, combine remaining egg whites and spinach. Pour the spinach mixture around each egg yolk. Bake for 8 minutes or until yolks are set and egg whites are firm.
- To assemble: Gently remove the potato baskets from the muffin tin. Place one piece ham and egg into each basket. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: 2 drops of green food coloring can be used in place of spinach if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen