Citrus Shrimp Bisque with Sour Cream Drizzle
- Defrost shrimp according to packaging instructions. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons butter, then add shrimp.
- When shrimp is pink, add water and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a separate large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add vegetables and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato soup, 10.75 ounces of milk and orange juice and bring to a simmer. Strain shrimp mixture over a fine mesh strainer into saucepan.
- Peel shrimp, add half of shrimp to soup and simmer for 15 minutes. Chop the other half of shrimp into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Transfer to a blender and blend soup until smooth.
- Add chopped shrimp to soup and stir. Add hot sauce, lemon juice and poultry seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together sour cream and remaining milk.
- Pour into bowls and drizzle with sour cream mixture, orange zest and parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen