Southwest Stuffed Peppers
Gluten free stuffed peppers with a southwest flair!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice, ¼ teaspoon salt, remaining seasonings and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Season peppers with oil and remaining salt and pepper. Grill for 4 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet, sauté garlic, onions, jalapeños, zucchini and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, tomatoes, cilantro, beans and corn. Sauté for 5 minutes, season to taste with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Scoop rice filling into grilled peppers and top with sliced avocado.
TIP: For a spicier dish, use poblano peppers if available.
Calories 310 Total Fat 15g Sodium 550mg Total Carbohydrate 40g Fiber 6g Sugars 5g Protein 6g
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.