Grilled Veggie Primavera Parmesan
Enjoy the perfect balance of flavors in our Grilled Veggie Primavera Parmesan. This dish is a celebration of the freshness of garden veggies, the richness of tomato sauce and the comforting draw of melted cheese. Explore the world of smells, tastes and textures that make this dish a work of art in the kitchen.
Imagine the sweet notes of onions and garlic that have been sautéed mixing with the sour taste of Italian spices and basil. The merlot gives the tomato sauce a gentle creaminess that takes it to a whole new level. Eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and mushrooms that have been cooked add a smoky depth.
The mushrooms, eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini are seasoned and cooked until they are just right, giving each slice a spicy flavor. The organic baby spinach gives it a fresh taste and helps the strong flavors work together. The dish is finished off with gooey, melty mozzarella cheese.
Putting this Grilled Veggie Primavera Parmesan together in a 13x9-inch baking dish adds layers of taste and structure. Imagine taking your first bite and tasting the cooked vegetables mixed with the tomato sauce, the fresh spinach and the melted cheese that hold it all together.
Enjoy the health benefits of grilled veggies, the richness of tomato sauce and the comforting hug of melted cheese. Now that the oven is hot, get your ingredients together and get ready for a cooking adventure that will turn a simple stew into a feast for the eyes and the palate.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a food processor, pulse together onion and garlic.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and basil and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with wine. Add tomatoes, vinegar and brown sugar; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season eggplant, squash, zucchini and mushrooms with remaining salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes each side.
- In a 13x9-inch casserole dish, cover bottom of pan with 1 cup of tomato sauce. Layer with grilled vegetables, 1 cup of sauce, spinach, 1 cup of sauce and cheese. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
TIP: Freeze remaining sauce for up to 1 month.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 500 Total Fat 17g Sodium 330mg Total Carbohydrate 66g Fiber 9g Sugars 11g Protein 24g
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.