This is a delicious casserole, great for a cold night.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Lightly boil the spaetzle for 10-12 minutes, drain and reserve.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve. Add onion, apple, salt and pepper to pan drippings. Sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add bratwurst and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Lower heat, add cream cheese and reserved bacon to the pan. Continue stirring until cream cheese is blended. Remove from heat and stir in sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and spaetzle.
- Coat a 9 x 12-inch pan with cooking spray. Add mixture to pan, top with pats of butter.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jared,
ALDI Test Kitchen
8 ounces Deutsche Küche Egg Spaetzle
6 slices Specially Selected Center Cut Bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1 apple, cored, peeled and diced
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
16 ounces Deutsche Küche Smoked Bratwurst, sliced*
8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese
2 cups Deutsche Küche German Style Sauerkraut*
6 slices Happy Farms Swiss Cheese, chopped
Carlini Cooking Spray
4 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
*These are Special Buy items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.