Grilled Veggie Primavera Parmesan
A variety of fresh grilled vegetables, baked in a homemade tomato sauce with fresh spinach and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a food processor, pulse together onion and garlic.
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and basil and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with wine. Add tomatoes, vinegar and brown sugar; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season eggplant, squash, zucchini and mushrooms with remaining salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes each side.
- In a 13x9-inch casserole dish, cover bottom of pan with 1 cup of tomato sauce. Layer with grilled vegetables, 1 cup of sauce, spinach, 1 cup of sauce and cheese. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
TIP: Freeze remaining sauce for up to 1 month.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen