5 minutes (plus 4 hours to marinate)
17 minutes (plus 4 hours to marinate)
Argentinian Skirt Steak Tacos
Indulge in the flavors of Argentina with these mouthwatering Argentinian Skirt Steak Tacos! Marinated in a zesty chimichurri sauce and cooked to perfection, these tacos are bursting with flavor and sure to impress your taste buds.
To start, let's prepare the chimichurri sauce. In a blender, combine garlic, crushed red pepper, cilantro, basil, yellow onion, tomato, lime juice, ground cumin, white vinegar, queso chihuahua shredded cheese and a dash of salt. Process until smooth, and then, with the blender on the lowest setting, slowly drizzle in the canola oil until fully incorporated. This vibrant and tangy chimichurri sauce will add a burst of flavor to the skirt steak.
Next, marinate the skirt steak in the chimichurri sauce for at least four hours, allowing the flavors to infuse and tenderize the meat. The chimichurri will add a unique and delicious twist to the classic skirt steak, elevating the taste to a whole new level.
When it's time to cook, heat a pan over medium heat and coat it with canola cooking spray. Remove the skirt steak from the marinade, allowing any excess sauce to drain off, and place the steaks in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until done to your preference, whether you like it rare, medium or well-done. The sizzling sound and mouthwatering aroma of the skirt steak cooking will surely make your taste buds tingle with anticipation.
While the skirt steak is cooking, warm the white corn tortillas in a medium skillet over medium-low heat for about 10-15 seconds per side. This will make the tortillas pliable and perfect for wrapping the juicy and flavorful skirt steak.
Once the skirt steak is cooked to perfection, dice it into bite-sized pieces and place them into the warmed tortillas. The succulent and tender skirt steak, infused with the tangy and herbaceous flavors of the chimichurri sauce, will be the star of these tacos.
Garnish the tacos with diced yellow onion, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice to add a burst of freshness and brightness to the dish. Top it off with a generous sprinkle of chihuahua shredded cheese, or you can use mild or white cheddar as a substitute if needed. The creamy and slightly tangy cheese will add a delightful finishing touch to these Argentinian Skirt Steak Tacos. Enjoy!
1. For the chimichurri: In a blender combine all ingredients except canola oil and process until smooth. With blender on lowest setting, drizzle in canola oil until fully incorporated.
2. Marinate skirt steak in chimichurri sauce for at least 4 hours.
3. Using the lid of the Crofton Cast Iron 2-in-1 Pot, coat with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
4. In a single layer, place steaks in pan, cooking 4-6 minutes per side or until done to preference.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, place tortillas in pan for 10-15 seconds per side to warm.
6. Dice steak, and place into warmed tortillas. Garnish with recommended toppings.
Tip: If you are unable to locate Chihuahua cheese, mild or white cheddar are perfect substitutes!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen