Pretzel and Pecan Chicken Schnitzel with Honey Mustard Beer Sauce
A sweet and salty crusted chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Filet each chicken breast. Place plastic wrap over chicken breasts and pound to ¼-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a food processor, combine pretzels and pecans, pulse until breadcrumb size. Place in another medium bowl.
- Using a three-step breading process, lightly coat chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg wash and dredge in pretzel mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Cook chicken 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Flip chicken over and cook for additional 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add remaining vegetable oil and repeat until all chicken pieces are browned. Finish cooking chicken in oven for 15 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, cook sage, beer, honey and mustard. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until liquid reduces by half. Add chicken broth and continue cooking until reduced by half. In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Whisk into sauce, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken schnitzel with honey mustard beer sauce and mashed potatoes.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen